Friday, September 17, 2010

Birthday and 30 Week Appointment

23. I don't feel any older...but I think a big part of that is because I still don't feel old enough to be a mom. I remember telling Ben..."I'll be 23 when we have our first baby. That seems pretty reasonable." Ha. I didn't take into account the fact that I don't think I will EVER feel old enough or ready enough to be a mom. Sorry...rant over. My birthday was pretty quiet this year. My dad was out of state for drill, and my mom was in Utah. Kyle went with Ben and me to lunch, as Jessica was in school. The day after, Ben and I took a day a went to Tri-cities. We went to the temple and did sealings, then walked around the mall. Granted...very slowly, and sitting on just about every bench we came across.

So, on to Brooklynn... my 30 week appointment went well. I needed below a 120 to pass my second glucose test, and I got a 103. Dr. Utley made sure to remind me to take it easy during these last few weeks. He told me to call the instant I may experience any signs of preterm labor...don't ignore anything. In other words, be safe rather than sorry.

This time, Brooke was transverse...not really breech, but not too far off either. I measured behind on my fundal height again, even smaller than my 28 week appointment where I measured dead on for my gestational age. This is all directly related to her differing positions in my uterus, but I can tell he's slightly concerned about not getting accurate measurements on me. He told me that Brooke doesn't have much time left to get into position. The longer she waits to do so, the bigger she gets, in turn making it harder for her to move around....meaning the more likely I'll have a c-section. I can't even attempt a vaginal delivery if she isn't head down because it's too dangerous to physically manipulate her.

While it's nice to finally hear some of the thoughts going through his head...it's a little scary to know that the fact he's saying anything at all is because of the high risk of it actually happening. A total double edged sword.

I'll try to keep this updated as I have more appointments. she could come within the next 4-7 weeks (most likely). Yikes...talk about a reality check. Here are pictures of my baby bump.


20 Weeks Pregnant


30 Weeks Pregnant

No comments: